Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 11

Today I began a two week training class with catered breakfast, lunches and snacks!! Usually this is a good place to chow down and pack on some pounds.

The breakfast has fruits, yogurt, juices, danishes, bagels etc. The lunches are usually a theme - mexican - tortillas, veggies, rice, beans, salsas, italian - pasta, bruschetta bread, cheeses etc. The snacks and desserts are chocolate eclairs, fancy cakes, huge cookies.

I have sat through these catered training classes many times and most often people get really tired in the afternoons from all the carbs. It really is disheartening to be the presenter after lunch and watch people nodding off!


Luckily there are pitchers of water within reach at all times. I find that if I fill up on water, I'm not so tempted to crave the sweets. The fruits and yogurt are healthy enough for breakfast and I can select the salads and proteins to fill up on at lunch. My own snack of almonds and a peach or apple will give me enough natural sugar to keep my energy up and not chase the chocolate.

My saving grace is that I've been to this hotel with same foods every 3 months for the past 2 years. At least I can go home and make a really great supper that tastes amazing and is healthy too.

Tonight we had Chop Til You Drop Salad using a rotisserie chicken from the deli counter. I had to pick up groceries and not much time to prepare the meal. The salad is my favourite still!

Don't forget to mark your calendars for the 3rd season of Eat, Shrink and Be Merry on the Food Network this weekend!

Eat, Shrink & Be Merry, Season 3, Food Network CanadaBegins Friday, September 4thShow Times:Fridays: 8:00 am, 11:30 am and 7:30 pmSaturdays: 9:00 am

No comments:

Post a Comment