Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 4 - Getting Sore

Yes I finally did it - opened the ominous doors to the gym. No thunderbolts or lightning - not even a bell rang! As part of this one year committment to change my lifestyle - I did commit to 3 and a half hours per week. Okay I'll admit that it really isn't that much time out of my life and it will only provide a lot of benefit to my health. One hour done - 2 and a half to go!



I really hate sweating in front of people (and the gym is full of them), so l like to go early in the morning or mid afternoon. My plan is to


  1. warm up for 5 mins on a treadmill or bike

  2. then 30 minutes on the machines and

  3. back to the treadmill or bike for 20 mins of cardio

  4. 5 more minutes of stretching

I plan to work on upper body machines one day followed by lower the next and a combination on the third - followed by repeat, repeat, repeat until I get fit and love doing this (not there yet!)


I did my upper body exercises and really struggled with last few repititions. My motivation to fininsh was the Biggest Loser Show. All I had to do was think about those people with 8 hours of this a day and Gillian and Bob screaming at them.


Yes I am sore - but grateful that only the upper half of my body is aching. Tomorrow I will do the lower body and look forward to the total body ache! Hurts so good.


The nutrition part of this endeavour is my favourite part. Yesterday I made Hakuna Fritatta for breakfast and Loin King for dinner. The breakfast was amazing and it tasted so good that I really felt like I was cheating badly. The Loin King was a marinated pork roast that turned out amazing. We added salad, brocolli and corn on the cob. So good - I will do this one again!!


My husband Mike and I always joke about me roasting a pork loin on Sundays. Ususally it is during football season and he never makes it home in time to enjoy it - the last game airs at 8pm. Last night he said that he won't be missing any more pork roast Sundays if this is the menu!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie,
    I found your blog by searching up a light recipe for chicken enchiladas and found "A Lotta Enchilada" on foodtv.ca.

    I just saw "Julie and Julia"! Fabulous movie! Best of luck with eating healthy and working out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Jenny! I just saw the movie tonight and I loved it too.

    ReplyDelete