Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 3 - Life Gets In the Way

The hardest thing about exercising is just getting started. Yesterday was the day I would begin to add the first trip to the gym. Well it just didn't happen! I had good intentions and meant to get there after the trip to the market and picking up groceries.



My neighbours came to see if I would look at a Bernese Mountain Dog - Sadie who wasn't doing very well. I am not a veterinarian, but I used to work for one and I did breed Goldens for 15 years. My love for animals got in my way of getting to the gym yesterday.



After Sadie was showing signs of improvement we were invited to a barbeque. I had visions of my diet and exercise committment going out the window. I considered staying home and instead, I prepared Chop Til You Drop salad with chicken and took it along.



The salad is unbelievable! It is yummy and has so much variety - I have put 5 stars beside this recipe in my book! Right now it is my favourite.



The day was not a complete bust on the exercise. We did walk to Sadie's twice and might call that 30 minutes of exercise. I have made sure to drink a minimum of 4 bottles of water and I did avoid the alcohol.



I am making the Loin King - pork roast for Sunday dinner. Last night I prepared the marinade and put it and the pork loin in a large bag to sit overnight.



The trip to the gym will be first thing in the morning - before life gets in the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment