Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 21 - Three Weeks

Well it finally had to happen - a recipe that didn't particularly do it for me. Maybe its because we haven't had pasta in a while. I tried Worth Every Penne and it had a lot of ingredients - but not enough flavour for our liking.

The dish had lots of great ingredients that have flavour; penne pasta, bacon, chicken, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, spinach, pesto and feta cheese. Maybe I added too much pasta and the sauce was barely noticeable??

Mike added some cream of mushroom soup and tomato sauce to make it more of his liking. I am going to try this one again - but next time I will measure the ingredients.

I come from a long line of cooks that have passed on recipes with references to "a pinch of this" or "a handful of that"! My grandma's spaghetti sauce recipe was about 50 years old and the ingredient list included "10 cents worth of spare ribs"

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Leslie and good luck with your undertaking! Posting online is sure to be an extra motivator.
    I have added a link about your blog on my page about Eat, Shrink and Be Merry. You can find it here: www.squidoo.com/eat-shrink-and-be-merry . Hopefully, it will bring you some new followers!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda: Thanks for the support!! Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would try it again, if I were you. I absolutely love this recipe, so maybe you did add too much pasta. Who knows? Or maybe it just won't be your favorite. I do like it, though.

    ReplyDelete