Monday, September 7, 2009

Day 18 - Labour Day

Officially this is the day of rest - but we had plenty of work to do - unpacking all of the boxes we brought home from the cottage.

The Roastess with the Mostess was an easy whole lemon and herb roasted chicken- I did mine on the barbeque. I'm having a little denial issues with summer ending.

The flavour of the chicken is surprising - lemon. The lemon is squeezed into the cavity of the bird and the half lemon is placed inside. A paste of dijon mustard, brown sugar, garlic, rosemary and olive oil is rubbed under the skin of the breast and thighs.

Another big hit for Mike and I - we will make this one again and again!

Back to school for all the kids tomorrow - I miss this now that mine are grown up. Drive slow tomorrow - there will be kids and school buses on the road.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie,
    Just wanted to congratulate you for taking on your healthy eating and weight loss challenge! You are very brave to take it public!
    My name is Heidi and I am a registered dietitian living in New Brunswick. I also love Janet and Greta's cookbook and follow their blog, so I was excited to see someone using their work as motivation to improve their health through healthy eating and exercise :)
    The decadent chocolate cake at the end of the year sounds like a fabulous reward!
    Not sure if you are already accessing the help of a registered dietitian, but feel free to forward any questions you may have; or if you are just looking for some motivation or encouragement :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi: Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. I will be sure to forward my questions to you - especially with 50 weeks left! Your encouragement is appreciated. Leslie

    ReplyDelete