Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 37 - Sunday Afternoon Football

For me, Sunday and football are just like peanut butter and jam. I actually love football as much as I do my Sundays! It seems that in the fall, I love to cook more and it feels like nesting - I just want to stay home and enjoy my home.

Mike was in the mood for burgers and I had already prepared my menus for the week and done all the grocery shopping. So we compromised. He made the gigantic burgers on the barbeque all wrapped in foil and I made a Chicken Coup Salad.

The salad contained chicken, apples, cranberries, chopped pecans, celery and green onions. Well I did improvise a bit since the green onions I forgot to pick up got replaced with thinly sliced leeks and the sour cream than I thought I was buying turned out to be ricotta cheese. I substituted sour cream for plain yogurt and it worked out fine.

The salad was a really big hit on the back porch with all the guys next door. I saved a bit so I could still take some to work for lunch. I loved this recipe as much as the football!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...I haven't tried that Chicken Coup Salad yet. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try it for a great change in flavours and textures!

    ReplyDelete