Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day Fourteen - That's 2 weeks!!

Seriously, how long can this love affair with Greta and Janet Podleski's recipes last?? Just when I think we have prepared and eaten our all time favourite recipe - BAM - another new favourite!

Tonight it was "Jellystone Pork" a pork tenderloin that can be cooked on the grill or in the oven along with a tasty sauce of apple jelly, sour cream and dijon mustard etc.

I started out with the pork tenderloins grilling on all sides to seal in the juices and then I sprinkled salt, pepper and rosemary and sealed it in double foil and returned to the grill and reduced the heat. This cooked for just 40 minutes while I prepared the sauce on the stove top.

It calls for sour cream after the sauce comes to a boil and removed from the heat - so this gets a bit tricky with the timing of the meal. I added a chop till you drop salad - minus the chicken and the thai peanut sauce salad dressing.

We were amazed by the flavour and tenderness of the pork that was done to perfection. As we head into the long weekend, I will be in Northern Ontario for a few days and once again - I will try to enter my blog daily.

If that fails - I will catch up when I return - but I plan on sticking to this without a hiccup!

3 comments:

  1. That's what I'm talkin' about... Nicely Done Leslie!!!
    I look forward to your next entry. Enjoy the long weekend. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can´t find the Jellystone Pork recipe online ... do you think it can be made in the crock pot? I wonder if it would still be ¨healthy¨ if it was shredded and served on a whole wheat bun (a small one) with a big green salad.


    I am making Poulet Roti a la Normande tomorrow ... it is definitely NOT ¨healthy¨. I´ll perhaps have to make my nightly walk 2hours long instead of 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny:
    You could do the pork in a crock pot and it would be really great with a salad and a bun.

    The sauce in the recipe was what made this crazy delicious! It included apple jelly, dijon mustard, cider vinegar, garlic, shallots and gingerroot. Maybe you could add some of this to your crock? Let me know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete