Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 36 - Ahh - Saturday!!

I love Saturday - not just because I can sleep in (not with a new puppy!) and I don't go to work - but the Farmers Market is every Saturday. Bad news is - just 2 more weeks of the farmers market here in Milton.

The produce is locally grown and I get so excited buying everything my week work of menus requires. By the time I leave - my arms are aching and I vow that next week I'll get one of those little pull bags on wheels.

All the fall veggies were perfect for a soup called Melancauli Baby - cauliflower, leeks, sweet potatoes, rice, broth and topped with swiss cheese. The spices were cumin and curry along with salt and pepper. My house smells amazing and the soup was spicy - but not in a bad way.

Perfect for a Saturday! Now off to Grape and Wine Festival in St. Catharines. Hope nobody pukes on my shoes! Every year thousands of people who don't normally drink wine, get together to celebrate the grape harvest and the result is usually a lot of ruined shoes and really happy people.

No comments:

Post a Comment