Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 19 - Back to School Day

So much fun driving to work today - kids all over the sidewalks - all dressed in new clothes! A little frustrating getting behind those buses again.

One thing I have learned along my journey to becoming the smartest fat person (just kidding) is that the body needs quality "fuel" with regular intervals. Breakfast is really important to provide the body with a kick start for the metabolism with a balance of protein, carbohydrates and fats.

My favourite breakfast is fast, balanced and yummy. I make yogurt with cottage cheese and fresh fruit (raspberries, blueberries etc) and sprinkle with almond slivers. Even if I can't get a lunch until 1pm - it really keeps the hunger pangs away.

Today we had More Than Meatza Pie. The pie crust was a combination of lean ground beef, italian sausage, bread crumbs, onions, garlic and egg. The topping was pizza sauce, chopped tomatoes, grated cheese, green onions and crumbled bacon.

This was a great way to have your pie and eat it too - without a carb filled bread crust. Crazy how this has been a discovery of great recipes that are healthy and so flavourful!!

I might not feel the same way 6 or 8 months from now - but for now Mike and I are loving it!!

2 comments:

  1. 6 to 8 months from now, I am sure you will feel the same. My husband and I have been eating foods from the Podleski sisters 3 cookbooks for years and we never tire of the tasty recipes! My husband's favourite is Red, White & Yahoo, but he didn't like the boccocini, so I cut up light mozzarella instead. It's so tasty and quick to prepare for a light lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback. I will try the Red, White & Yahoo since bocconcini is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete