Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day 20 the one with the date 09 09 09

Today I was tortured by some double fudge brownies that were screaming at me from the back of the meeting room I was presenting in. For two solid weeks I have been avoiding eating the desserts, danishes, bagels and heavy carbs. Today that damn brownie won. Okay - I'm no saint - but I have been working really hard to resist chocolate, chips and fast foods. Today I gave in and just ate one. Now I am over it - got that out of my system. Move on...

I made Tongue Thai'd for dinnner when I got home. It was one of those dishes like Pad Thai that you never think you could make like the Thai restaurants serve. The prep work was a lot of chopping of onions, red peppers, green onions, peanuts and tofu. The sauce is spicy sweet and the dish is made quickly with shrimp, bean sprouts and rice noodles.

I served this dish to Mike and our neighbour - Jim. They loved it even after they asked me what the little light coloured cubes were. Yes tofu - extra firm was not the gross ingredient they had always thought it was. Well worth making this recipe again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment